xfce desktop

Stavros Giannouris stavrosg2002 at freemail.gr
Wed Aug 9 15:19:34 CEST 2006

Στις Wed, 9 Aug 2006 10:06:18 +0200
Ο/Η "adesign new" <bernhard.schmidt at a-design.ch> έγραψε:

> hi
> regarding xfce i have the following issues. first i installed the
> older 4.2 version, the one not masked in the gentoo portage. than i
> unmasked the xfce4.4 and installed it. i had to remove some blocked
> package, afterwards all went well. but i can not enable the desktop
> icons. the combobox "desktop icons" has only 2 entries, none and
> minimized. has someone an idea what is going wrong? is there a use
> flag problem?

It is probably built before / without Thunar.
Xfdesktop depends on Thunar for this, so you should probably recheck
the build order , or the relevant use flag (which I do not know since
I do not use gentoo).

> second, true thunar looks nice, and xffm is a little special - but
> has all i need working. i see always my home and xsamba is very
> nicely integrated. unfortunately xffm depends on the older xfce4.2
> files. is it possible to install it anyway? and how?

Xffm does not depend on xfce4 any more, check
http://xffm.foo-projects.org/
and see if there is a newer version masked (or just install your own)

> best regards
> benny

Regards,
Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: stavrosg at jabber.org

"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Just copy me to your signature  to help me spread"