UPDATE: Re: First take on 4.4

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat Apr 22 22:31:25 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 19:23 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> > one of the things that got me started with xfce 1.x was the CDE
> > look-n-feel.  It was like CDE only better.
>
> You could try one of these:
> http://xfce-look.org/content/show.php?content=14170
> http://xfce-look.org/content/show.php?content=17191
> http://xfce-look.org/content/show.php?content=18118

	Awesomeness in a bottle.  It's been so long since I was an active
member of this list/community that I don't know where anything is
anymore.  xfce-look.org is now prominently bookmarked.  I remember
something about xfce goodies so I'll have to go digging around to find
it, too.  I can't live without the weather plugin.

> > Right now I'm running clearlooks-deepsky theme and style curve.  It's ok
> > but it's not what I need.
>
> Hmm, yeah, looks like the big-button desktop switcher didn't make it
> into the new panel.  Maybe it could be resurrected and moved to goodies?

	You know, that might not be a bad idea.  I've been complaining IRL that
I want to get back into programming, at least a little.  This might be a
good start.  Now I just need to -

* Find the xfce api/plugin docs
* Figure out auto[make|build|agony]
* Oh, and learn C

> (I know I'm relatively new around here compared to you, but,
> nonetheless, welcome back Joe.)

	Thank you.  But it's really been so long since I've been active (what,
since version 3.x I guess) that I'm probably more of a beginner than
anyone else.