UPDATE: Re: First take on 4.4

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sat Apr 22 23:07:41 CEST 2006

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 16:31:25 -0400, Joe Klemmer wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 19:23 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
> > > one of the things that got me started with xfce 1.x was the CDE
> > > look-n-feel.  It was like CDE only better.
> >
> > You could try one of these:
> > http://xfce-look.org/content/show.php?content=14170
> > http://xfce-look.org/content/show.php?content=17191
> > http://xfce-look.org/content/show.php?content=18118
>
> 	Awesomeness in a bottle.  It's been so long since I was an
> active member of this list/community that I don't know where anything
> is anymore.  xfce-look.org is now prominently bookmarked.  I remember
> something about xfce goodies so I'll have to go digging around to find
> it, too.  I can't live without the weather plugin.

Website of the Xfce goodies: http://xfce-goodies.berlios.de

There are some plugins ported to Xfce 4.4 already. For those who are
not, see Jasper's directory on foo-projects.org:

  http://www.foo-projects.org/~jasper/plugins/

As you can see, the weather plugin is already ported, you can fetch it
from this URL:

  http://www.foo-projects.org/~jasper/plugins/xfce4-weather-plugin-0.5.0.tar.bz2

> > > Right now I'm running clearlooks-deepsky theme and style curve.
> > > It's ok but it's not what I need.
> >
> > Hmm, yeah, looks like the big-button desktop switcher didn't make it
> > into the new panel.  Maybe it could be resurrected and moved to
> > goodies?
>
> 	You know, that might not be a bad idea.  I've been
> complaining IRL that I want to get back into programming, at least a
> little.  This might be a good start.  Now I just need to -
>
> * Find the xfce api/plugin docs

http://www.xfce.org/documentation/api-4.4/

Regards,
Jannis