Sticky Keys

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 07:24:07 CEST 2006

On 4/18/06, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl> wrote:
>  Meet Google:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=sticky+keys+linux+site%3Alinux.com
>

> 15.2 Sticky keys under X
>
> The following text was contributed by Piotr Mitros.
>
> XFree86 supports an accessibility option which allows disabled users to type
> single-handed. With sticky keys enabled, the user can hit a modifier key
> (ctrl, alt, shift) followed by another key, rather than having to hold the
> modifier key while hitting the letter.
>
> To enable sticky keys, first make sure the xkb extension is enabled (this is
> done during initial X server configuration and is usually enabled by
> default). Next, run the X server with the +accessx option. If you use
> startx, either run startx -- +accessx or add +accessx to the serverargs line
> in the startx script. If you use xdm, add +accessx to the appropriate server
> line in /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers.
>
> It is also possible to enable X accessibility with some end-user utilities
> with a running X server.
>
> Once X accessibility is enabled, press the shift key five times in a row to
> enable sticky keys. To disable sticky keys, either press the shift key five
> times again, or press a key while holding a modifier key.

Thanks. I did spend some time on google but failed to come up with
this. I did not use the keyword "site:linux.com" but from now on I
will.

I will spend some time on this. If I am successful, I will post a
solution for the sake of the archives. Thanks.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/biography/63/beastie_boys.php
Beastie Boys Song Lyrics and Biography