Xfce 4.4 beta1 (4.3.90.1) - Lost my configs...

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Apr 18 23:21:55 CEST 2006

gv wrote:

>    Ok, it's a beta so I knew what I did... ;-) But if the final version
> has the same "problem", one could think two times before switching...
> ;-) My panel was a patient work of at least two years...

Well, you have not lost the previous config, it's just not being used
anymore. The panel now uses different files instead of a single one. If
you switch back to xfce 4.2, you should get your previous panel config
(make sure you backup it first, in case).

As of the new panel configuration system, it's a huge improvement, so
it's not likely to be reverted for the final release ;)

>    Just another one...  The  killer question: How to get rid of the
> taskbar, now?  I can't find any process looking like this app...

Right click, "Customize Panel" make sure you select the right panel from
the list and click "-" to remove it :)

HTH
Olivier.