Xfce history ?

Landry landry at fr.homeunix.org
Fri Apr 7 10:25:16 CEST 2006

Hi all !

I'm a pleased user of Xfce since 4.0.6, and i was looking for some
information about previous versions of Xfce to see the great work done
since the firsts mockups and versions.
I found this interview :
http://linuxgazette.net/issue43/jacobowitz.xfce.html
And, as an evidence, the changelog of Xfce3 in svn :
http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/xfce3/trunk/ChangeLog
I also found some screenshots like :
http://jk.yazzy.org/screenshots/xfce/xfce.jpg

The history of the news on the current website only starts in mid'03,
and the mailing-lists archives goes back to march'02... anyone has some
previous archives or pointers to old-websites which could be shared to
users ?

Afaik, Olivier started Xfce in '96, so we're approaching the 10 years
anniversary :) Anyone knows the right date ?
For the 4.4 release, would it be a good idea to create an 'history'
section with old screenshots on the future website (very nice anyway) ?
Something like http://www.kde.org/history/ or
http://primates.ximian.com/~miguel/gnome-history.html

Imho, collecting little pieces of Xfce history would be a nice idea, to
show the great work done between each release.

Landry