application launcher

Nic Stevens nic.stevens at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 15:27:03 CEST 2006

Mark Edwards wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm new to xfce4 and need to know how to launch an TK application from
> a panel button without requiring a terminal window to be present.
> Currently users can shut the application down simply by issuing a C-c
> to the terminal where the application is running. If I deselect the
> 'run in terminal window' option in the launcher, the app doesn't even
> start up.

Hi Mark.

I just wrote a simple tk app and created a panel launcher for it and the
panel launches it properly.
Does your tk script have an interpreter line at the beginning. It should
look something like:
#!/usr/bin/wish

hth,

Nic

--
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

"Patriotism is not the blind following of leaders, rather, it is the questioning of those leaders when they act contrary to one's beliefs."
	- Me

Nic Stevens (nic dot stevens at gee mail daught com) -- http://www.ducksfeet.com/nic