Recommendations? [WAS: Re: auto-mounting]

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 22:21:08 CEST 2005

On 9/7/05, Harold <h.aling at home.nl> wrote:
> If you don't like to install all those Gnome packages, you can also use the Ivman daemon for automounting.

True, and this is actually what I have installed, though I've not
spent much time configuring it.  Are there any recommendations for
which one to use?  IIRC, there's ivman, autofs, and one other, all of
which seem to do similar things.  But I'm sure that Xfce'ers have more
use for one or that another is a better choice, etc.

It's been a while since I looked into this, but as I recall, it was a
dubious undertaking....

--
http://aconkling.blogspot.com