auto-mounting

Harold h.aling at home.nl
Wed Sep 7 09:37:32 CEST 2005

Samuel,

If you don't like to install all those Gnome packages, you can also use
the Ivman daemon for automounting. From the Ivman website
(http://ivman.sourceforge.net/):

"What is Ivman?

Ivman is an extremely flexible desktop independent frontend to HAL
(http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fhal), the userspace Hardware
Abstraction Layer for Linux. It can be used to execute arbitrary
commands when devices are added to or removed from your system, when
device properties change, or when devices emit conditions. Any
properties of the new or changed device can be included within the
executed command."

Harold.