xffm 4.3.3 background image

Siposs Attila sipiatti at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 08:02:48 CEST 2005

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 03:13:54 +0200, Edscott Wilson Garcia
<edscott at xfce.org> wrote:

> No bug that I know of. The mechanism for setting the background is
> different than that of xfdesktop. Summing up:
>
> 1- On startup xffm-deskview falls back to solid black or to whatever
> color you set with xfce-setting-show (in filemanager plugin environment
> variable).

That's clear.

> 2- If you want to set a background image on startup, then place the path
> for the environment variable DESKTOP_BACKGROUND_IMAGE (also in mcs
> plugin)

I've done it.

> 3- When you right click to get popup menu on any image file, xffm will
> present the option "set as background image". This is a volatile setting
> but is handy if you like to change backgrounds on impulse without going
> through all the blabla from configuration dialogs.
>
> 4- You can also use robust background setting programs such as fvwm-root
> and xffm-deskview will adjust accordingly.

What I've realized is that xfdesktop and xffm-deskview do not like each
other,
:)
Other: if I set autosave session on, then xfce starts xffm-deskview twice.
???

So I've set off autosave, deleted xfdesktop starting command from the
xfce-session.rc (in /etc/xdg/xfce-session/ as I remember). After I started
xfce without background handlig. Then I started xffm, and set autosave
session again on. Logout-login, and it works.

greetings
Sipiatti

> 5- If you don't want xffm-deskview to start whenever you open
> xffm-iconview or xffm-treeview, then define the environment variable
> DISABLE_DESKTOP from the mcs-manager or in the conventional way for
> setting environment variables.
>

>> Sipiatti

"Linux is like a wigwam: no windows, no gates, but apache inside..."
(from HUP)
skype: sipiatti
MSN: sipiatti at gmail.com (chat only by gaim)
ICQ: 234041037 (by gaim)