xffm 4.3.3 background image

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Mon Sep 5 15:25:14 CEST 2005

El lun, 05-09-2005 a las 08:02 +0200, Siposs Attila escribió:

> > 4- You can also use robust background setting programs such as fvwm-root
> > and xffm-deskview will adjust accordingly.
> >
> What I've realized is that xfdesktop and xffm-deskview do not like each
> other,
> :)

Not at all. The issue is that there is only one root window. If you set
the environment variable USE_DESKTOP_MENU and USE_DESKTOP_MENU_ICONS you
will be using the desktop menu from xfdesktop (IOW, if xfdesktop is not
installed, these envars will do nothing).

> Other: if I set autosave session on, then xfce starts xffm-deskview twice.
> ???

I recall fixing a bug like that, but probably after distribution tarball
and thus only in svn-head so far. It has little consecuence since the
second instance of xffm-deskview will terminate itself. OTH, come to
think about it, if you are also starting up xffm-iconview instances,
these may be triggering the second instance of xffm-deskview. I'll look
into this as soon as I have some time.

> So I've set off autosave, deleted xfdesktop starting command from the
> xfce-session.rc (in /etc/xdg/xfce-session/ as I remember). After I started
> xfce without background handlig. Then I started xffm, and set autosave
> session again on. Logout-login, and it works.

Cool. I hope we can get 4.4 to work well with less complication. ;-)

regards,

--
Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org>