xffm 4.3.3 background image

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Mon Sep 5 03:13:54 CEST 2005

El sáb, 03-09-2005 a las 23:06 +0200, Siposs Attila escribió:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am new to the list but not in using xfce.
> Today I've installed the new xffm 4.3.3 from source.
> Everything works fine, I am happy with it, except one thing.
> My background is completely black. It doesn't matter what
> image I set for background, it doesn't care for it. :(
>
> Is it a known bug, or is it only my "fortune"?

No bug that I know of. The mechanism for setting the background is
different than that of xfdesktop. Summing up:

1- On startup xffm-deskview falls back to solid black or to whatever
color you set with xfce-setting-show (in filemanager plugin environment
variable).

2- If you want to set a background image on startup, then place the path
for the environment variable DESKTOP_BACKGROUND_IMAGE (also in mcs
plugin)

3- When you right click to get popup menu on any image file, xffm will
present the option "set as background image". This is a volatile setting
but is handy if you like to change backgrounds on impulse without going
through all the blabla from configuration dialogs.

4- You can also use robust background setting programs such as fvwm-root
and xffm-deskview will adjust accordingly.

5- If you don't want xffm-deskview to start whenever you open
xffm-iconview or xffm-treeview, then define the environment variable
DISABLE_DESKTOP from the mcs-manager or in the conventional way for
setting environment variables.

--
Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org>