[Xfce] another thought about the list

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 14 15:24:14 CEST 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 at 8:24pm, Bob Snyder wrote:

:I agree with the original poster. I would like to see the MLs subject
:lines prefixed with "[xfce]" or similar. And yes, I know I can easily
:filter the messages into a separate folder. I prefer not to do that. I
:visually sort my inbox picking out the spam that gets through both my
:ISP's filter and Thunderbird's filter (and there's a lot!). The problem
:is that the poster will sometimes write a subject line that looks like a
:spam message or is ambiguous. Like "question" or "Forum update". If a
:message has the [xfce] tag on it I know I can open it without being
:disgusted.

Oh please.  _Any_ decent email client (or procmail) filters for you as has
been demonstrated.  We don't need subject space taken up with unnecessary
cruft to accommodate _your_ preferences.

Patrick