[Xfce] another thought about the list

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 14 15:27:50 CEST 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 at 9:24am, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

:On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 at 8:24pm, Bob Snyder wrote:
:
::I agree with the original poster. I would like to see the MLs subject
::lines prefixed with "[xfce]" or similar. And yes, I know I can easily
::filter the messages into a separate folder. I prefer not to do that. I
::visually sort my inbox picking out the spam that gets through both my
::ISP's filter and Thunderbird's filter (and there's a lot!). The problem
::is that the poster will sometimes write a subject line that looks like a
::spam message or is ambiguous. Like "question" or "Forum update". If a
::message has the [xfce] tag on it I know I can open it without being
::disgusted.
:
:Oh please.  _Any_ decent email client (or procmail) filters for you as has
:been demonstrated.  We don't need subject space taken up with unnecessary
:cruft to accommodate _your_ preferences.

And, besides, I'm sure a procmail recipe can _rewrite_ the Subject line,
so it shows up in your inbox with [xfce] in it but shows up clean in my
xfce folder.

Patrick