Using ~/Desktop/Autostart

Chris Dunn chris at tropictc.com
Thu Oct 6 20:13:51 CEST 2005

I would like to start Synaptic Package-Manager from the
~/Desktop/Autostart directory at session start-up.

Under Ubuntu SPM needs to run under sudo.

Is there any way of running SPM at each session start-up without the
need to enter the necessary sudo password each time.

I'm mostly interested in getting the update indicator running in the
system tray, but believe I need to run the entire app in order to get
the indicator. It seems to function ok in Gnome so I'd like to get it
working under xfce.

Chris Dunn
Tropic Construction
PO Box 642, South Dock Road, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
	telephone :	1 (649) 941 3480
	fax :		1 (649) 941 5808
	mobile :	1 (649) 243 8183
Thu Oct  6 14:08:00 EDT 2005