Using ~/Desktop/Autostart

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 20:25:00 CEST 2005

On 10/6/05, Chris Dunn <chris at tropictc.com> wrote:
> I'm mostly interested in getting the update indicator running in the
> system tray, but believe I need to run the entire app in order to get
> the indicator. It seems to function ok in Gnome so I'd like to get it
> working under xfce.

The update indicator is a separate program whose name I don't
remember.  (I'm no longer using Ubuntu.)  However, you could probably
find it in Gnome's startup settings.  If not, finding the name of the
package and then searching for installed files for that package should
give you the program name.

--
http://aconkling.blogspot.com