xffm, drag'n'drop and other stuff

Foxy foxy at on-the-hill.me.uk
Mon Nov 21 16:54:23 CET 2005

I have been using xffm from svn for a while already, though mostly for
samba connection. I found it very handy to mount samba drives with xfsamba.

Strangely enough I do not use xffm for file management. The main reason
is that it seems not to support drag'n'drop in icon view mode and I
cannot select several files with a mouse. I wonder if I just did not
enable this feature or it is not implemented at all.

Also I do not like he way it shortens long file names. I wonder if it's
possible to switch it off.

Another thing, I like to open dirs with a single click. It works fine in
Icon View, but does not in detailed view. Is it a bug or a feature? Or
something is not finished yet? Or I just did not compile the whole thing
properly?

Apart from that it is the best file manager I've ever used.