XFCE >= 4.2 on Debian Sarge?

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at corsac.net
Mon Nov 21 14:50:21 CET 2005

Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using Slackware for quite a few years, but I'm in the course of
> migrating to Debian Sarge.
>
> Is it possible to install the latest XFCE on Sarge? I took a peek at the install
> instructions on os-cillation.de (I like their goodies, especially the Terminal),
> but they only seem to work for unstable or testing.

I am maintaining an up to date (well aproximatively) repository of Xfce
4.2 for sarge/x86. The packages are taken from testing and rebuilt for
sarge. Packages are from "official debian" xfce team. Version is
currently 4.2.2

Just add:

deb http://xfce.corsac.net stable main

on your /etc/apt/sources.list