KDE -> Xfce

Anthony Edwards anthony at catfish.nildram.co.uk
Sat Nov 12 23:43:55 CET 2005

On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 01:06:56PM -0800, Ken Moffat wrote:

> I share your preference for gnome. My dislike of kde started years ago
> due to its bloat and slowness, and although this has been largely
> corrected, my prejudice hangs on. Also it seems a bit too much like
> windows. I mostly use xfce and gnome depending on my mood.

I was a KDE user for approximately the first 12 months of my Linux
adventures, however KDE circa 2002 seemed a good deal lighter and
faster than KDE now.  Current KDE is now too cluttered and bloated
for my taste, whereas Gnome has improved a great deal, going in what
appears to be the opposite direction.

The default Gnome desktop shipped with Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger)
is particularly attractive and effective.

--
Anthony Edwards
anthony at catfish.nildram.co.uk