KDE -> Xfce

Anthony Edwards anthony at catfish.nildram.co.uk
Sat Nov 12 23:35:30 CET 2005

On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 03:30:52PM -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> Niki's introduction post from earlier today got me thinking.  At this
> point, it seems completely natural that users would switch from KDE to
> Xfce; it seems to happen all the time.

I have been using Xfce for approximately 24 hours after seeing it
mentioned in the alt.os.linux.suse newsgroup, and am tempted at this
point to stick with it.  My window manager of choice over the course
of the past 3 years has been Blackbox.

My first experience of a UNIX system was a Sun Ultra 5 running
Solaris 7 and then Solaris 8, using the then Solaris default desktop
environment, CDE.  I always liked the look and feel of CDE, and
Xfce has a somewhat similar appeal, whilst being fast and far more
customisable.

--
Anthony Edwards
anthony at catfish.nildram.co.uk