enabling mouse scroll button

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Wed Nov 9 18:24:14 CET 2005

Ronan wrote:

>>>that still hasn't worked.
>>>Is there anywhere else i could look for support?
>>>

>>Well, there's always:
>>http://www.google.com/search?q=Xorg+mouse+scroll+wheel
>>(You get a similar result set changing 'Xorg' to 'Xfree86',)
>>
>>I think this is an appropriate time for a reference to
>>http://JustFuckingGoogleIt.com/
>>

>Good job Brian,
>Get into the spirit of fireing off a few quips at some guy you know
>nothing about just becuase your having a bad day yourself.
>

>>Is it really too much to ask to do a teeny tiny amount of research into
>>solving your own problem?
>>

>No its not. You dont know the circumstances. perhaps im at work. Perhaps
>the net is firewalled. perhaps I only have port 25 access? But so long
>as you feel superior...

I have to agree with brian here personally, first of all there are
plenty of XOrg configuration forums for your favorite distro out there,
and this is hardly something Brian feels superior about - even HIS MOM
can get the scrollwheel to work (sorry bad joke).

You obviously didn't do your homework somehow, and it shows, and then
you also blame brian for yourself having a bad day too. At least he
actually gave you helpfull information, while he could have told you to
piss off too.

Back on your problem:

You probably have made some common error configuring XOrg, such as
picking the wrong location for the ZAxisMapping option, or using the
wrong mouse driver protocol (try IMPS/2 instead of PS/2?). Brians'
google link actually contains links to pages which also state this
obvious pitfall when configuring scroll mice.

This mailinglist is for Xfce problems and related topics. XOrg
configuration issue is [OT], and this is explained in the Xfce ML FAQ.
Try harder next time, and be less harsh if someone tells you to RTFM -
even if it's not in the most politely way. You're smart enough to
subscribe to a mailinglist.

Try to keep this list ON topic !

Auke