enabling mouse scroll button

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 9 20:41:09 CET 2005

On 11/9/2005 2:06 AM, Ronan wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>>
>> Well, there's always:
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=Xorg+mouse+scroll+wheel
>> (You get a similar result set changing 'Xorg' to 'Xfree86',)
>>
>> I think this is an appropriate time for a reference to
>> http://JustFuckingGoogleIt.com/
>
> Good job Brian,
> Get into the spirit of fireing off a few quips at some guy you know
> nothing about just becuase your having a bad day yourself.

Actually, I was having a great day, thanks.  What was that about making
quips regarding people about which you know nothing?  (And while we're
throwing around stupid arguments, "your" = a possessive modifier;
"you're" = "you are".)

>> Is it really too much to ask to do a teeny tiny amount of research into
>> solving your own problem?
>
> No its not. You dont know the circumstances. perhaps im at work. Perhaps
> the net is firewalled. perhaps I only have port 25 access?

So would you mind telling me why you're installing an OS and software
that virtually *requires* WWW access as a documentation and
troubleshooting resource?

And is this actually the case in your circumstance, or are you just
making up stuff in a poor attempt to prop up a failing argument?

Even assuming you *are* in this unfortunate situation, you rudely decide
that you're going to waste the time of others because you chose to work
for a company with draconian IT policies?  A non-functional mouse wheel
is hardly a critical issue.  It could wait until you got home and could
use a non-crippled internet connection.

> But so long as you feel superior...

It has nothing to do with superiority.  It has to do with you wasting
other people's time on a mailing list of several hundred people, dealing
with a question that:

1.  Has nothing to do with Xfce.
2.  Can be easily answered with less than a single minute of a little
thought and self-research, using a tool (Google) that anyone who has
used the WWW for anything non-trivial knows how to use.

Anyway, we're super-OT here.  Hopefully this will serve as a reminder to
people that it's really not that hard to find the information they need
with a little quality time with Google.

	-brian