Personalize Xfce with local xinitrc

Stefan Krompaß stkro at web.de
Wed Nov 9 08:29:53 CET 2005

Hi,

 I'm using Xfce, Version 4.2, with the Xfce-taskbar-plugin. So, I no longer need the "default" Xfce-taskbar. Therefore, I've copied the xinitrc config file from /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc to $HOME/.config/xfce4/xinitrc as described in [1] and commented out the line "xftaskbar4&".
 But the problem is, that the taskbar is still started when I'm logging in. Why is it that the configuration in my "local" xinitrc is not obtained?
 Thanks for help!

[1] http://www.xfce.org/index.php?page=documentation&lang=en#taskbar