Xfce Menu fixed

Bob Plantz plantz at cds1.net
Tue Nov 8 03:19:53 CET 2005

I fixed my problems with Xfce Menu on the Panel.

For some reason, nothing happened when I clicked on it.

Using Synaptic (Ubuntu distro), I did a Complete Removal of xfce4,
xfdesktop, and xfce4-panel-menu packages.

I also deleted /etc/xdg/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml and
~/.configure/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml

Then I installed the three packages again. That created a
new /etc/xdg/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml  and everything works now. I can
even right-click on the desktop and get a menu.

I'm guessing that this process forced a reconfiguration that had gotten
trashed. I don't know which package(s) was (were) responsible.

Bob