More Serious Problems with 4.2.x -- SOLVED!

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 18 03:25:01 CEST 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Erik Harrison wrote:

> Sounds like the session manager isn't running. The session manager creates
> the confirm dialog, if the panel can't find out what the session manager
> is, it just quits. Depending on local configuration, this causes X to quit.

Erik,

   Looks like our messages crossed on the 'Net. I got that fixed by changing
the default in xfce4-session.rc. It works.

   And, ... I fixed the xmodmap problem, too, by moving the test and
invocation nearer to the top of the file. For whatever reason, the notebook
likes that position better than the default position. Shrug.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President