WM Request

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sat May 14 11:36:20 CEST 2005

Hi Roger,

The current algorithm tries to minimize overlap, by computing the place
on screen that would have the minimum overlap between windows.

I'm not sure anything else would be an improvement over the current
method (of course, one may think of different scenarios that would be
better in some case, like when its the same size/kind of windows that
are mapped several times, but I'm still to be convinced that would be
best in *all* cases)

There is still room for improvement though, like where to place the very
first window, on top/left corner or right in the center? That is still
an open debate.

Cheers,
Olivier.