WM Request

roger rstmp at iinet.com.au
Sat May 14 12:08:31 CEST 2005

Thanks for your very fast feedback Olivier (20:00 here Down Under, must be
12:00 in Old Europe)

I fully understand that you've got the whole picture while mine is only
partial.

Anyway, I guess that one can set its desktop with all web browsers in a same
workspace, so they may like to have a slight offset since all windows would
have the same size. But as I said that's just a guess...

How about the following "simple" algorithm:
keep the current one, except that if there already is a window whose top left
corner is at (x, y), then use (x+offset, y+offset) for the new one?
I wrote "simple" between quotes because I know that that wouldn't be that
simple: there always are special cases... I bet you know better than me :-)

Regarding where to start the very first window, couldn't it be set by a
"hidden" option?

Salut,
Roger