Xinerama - Bug in Xfwm 4.2.1?

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Sat Mar 26 14:12:45 CET 2005

Remco Lubbers schrieb:

>On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 00:53:33 +0100, Andreas Radke said:
>

>> With the 4.2 release all the windows were fine set and did not cross
>> the border between the two screens. Now some not maximized windows
>> break that and appear across the boarder.
>> Some of the panel plugins which have the little arrow on top pop their
>> window over the boarder.
>>

>such as?
>Could you please be a bit more specific about _w_h_i_c_h_ apps you
>experience these problems with?
>
>And what X11 are you using?
>

>> Does anybody else have this behavior?
>>

>No, can't say that I recognize this problem. I have several machines
>running in Xinerama mode, using xfce 4.2.1(.1) on XOrg 6.8.1. The only
>app the uses 2 screens, ignoring the border, is mozilla (or derivates),
>accessing badly programmed websites that try to maximize you
>viewscreen....
>
>Remco

I have this behavior with some applications(testet with draksync, xmms,
gkrellm) using X.org 6.7.0 coming with Mandrake 10.1. None of these
applications is going to click to the border. They move over it as
earlier releases. But Thunderbird, Firefox, Gaim work well without this
behavior.

I´m running a NVidia Quadro GLX550 with NVidia driver 6629.

Maybe it´s X.org releated?

Andreas