How fast is Xfce's composite manager?

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Wed Mar 16 22:46:51 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 13:33 -0800, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> That's cuz the TNT2 is waaaay too old for the render acceleration to
> really do much.  I should know: I have one too.  It's unfortunately
> unusable.  I should really get a new card (hell, a geforce FX for <$80
> would probably be fine), but for some reason I'm really attached to that
> video card... it'll be 6 years old this summer.

I once tried it on my box which has an ATI Mach 64 with a whopping 8
megs of memory.  I was like I drugged the hamster inside and made him
run in molasses.  Guess sub-$10 video cards aren't quite up there
anymore.

Matt
--
The mayfly lives only one day, and sometimes it rains. - Geo. Carlin
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/