How fast is Xfce's composite manager?

Nikola Pizurica pizurica at neobee.net
Wed Mar 16 23:13:42 CET 2005

On 03/16/05 22:46:51, Matt Thompson wrote:

> I once tried it on my box which has an ATI Mach 64 with a whopping 8
> megs of memory.  I was like I drugged the hamster inside and made him
> run in molasses.  Guess sub-$10 video cards aren't quite up there
> anymore.

/Before this thread gets too off-topic :-) /
Same with my trusty Ati Rage Fury, with 64 megs!
So I bought GForce2 MX 400 with TV out and 64megs for only 15 Euros
(plus got 2x64MB SDRAM for free) from one gamer. Thank God for gamers
who buy latest and greatest, so prices of older cards go down :-)
BTW, I just compiled xcompmgr from CVS and no crashes anymore :-)

BTW, XFce forum at xfce.lindesign.se is down, anyone has any info?

Nikola