Raise/lower

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at cox.net
Thu Mar 10 05:49:25 CET 2005

Ondrej,

Try unchecking "Raise on click" in Window Manager Preferences -> Focus.
Or maybe you don't want that behavior.

I don't mean to criticize anyone's preferences, but I don't understand
why folks would want a window to raise when clicked in. This is one of
the most annoying things with MS Windows IMO. I like being able to
scroll, click, enter text, dnd, or whatever into a window without it
raising and covering up some other window that I'm trying to read from,
drag to, etc.

Perhaps someone can offer an explanation of the benefit of "raise on click".

Sorry if this is a bit off topic.

Bob S.