Xfce4 and KDE trash

Eddy provisoire.mai2005 at belgacom.net
Mon Jun 6 00:37:08 CEST 2005

edscott wilson garcia a écrit le 05/06/05 17:31 :
> El dom, 05-06-2005 a las 13:07 +0200, Eddy escribió:
>
> Not exactly sure what you mean. KDE trash is collected by KDE konqueror
> in a single folder. Xffm will not collect files to the KDE trash folder
> but will instead put trash in wastebaskets located where the trash is
> generated. The main trashcan branch is a database which keeps tabs of
> all these wastebaskets and allows for centralized management.
>
> What the documentation refers to is that the KDE trash bin (which is
> just a single folder can also be viewed from the main trash branch as
> just another wastebasket. So you can see and recover whatever you have
> deleted with konqueror from within xffm.

Well, I wasn't exactly sure what I meant either :-)

Suppose I have two files - called "thisfile" and "thatfile" - in two
directories - called "thisdir" and "thatdir" respectively.

If I use Xffm to throw these files away, they are moved to
thisdir/..Wastebasket/thisfile and thatdir/..Wastebasket/thatfile
respectively.

When I go to the main trashcan in Xffm, I can't see these files unless I
have collected the trashcans (which can be done automatically). Once
collected, I'll be able to see them from the main trashcan (even though
they'll still be in their respective ..Wastebasket) and I will be able
to delete them permanently from that main trashcan.

Now suppose I have another file in my KDE trashcan : let's call it
~/Desktop/Corbeille/thatotherfile (my kde speaks French). It has not
been put there by Xffm but by KDE itself or by whatever script I've made.

I'd like to be able to go to the Xffm main trash, collect the
wastebaskets and see that thatotherfile appear listed in the main trash
so that the main trash would list thisfile, thatfile and thatotherfile.

Unfortunately it does not : as far as Xffm is concerned,
~/Desktop/Corbeille is just any ordinary directory and its content is
not listed in the main trashcan database.
I would like to be able to tell Xffm that a certain directory (in this
case ~/Desktop/Corbeille/) is not an ordinary directory but one the
content of which is to be included in the trashcan database.

Isn't that possible ? Well I wish it would be. Anyway that's what I
understood when I read
 > What the documentation refers to is that the KDE trash bin (which is
 > just a single folder can also be viewed from the main trash branch as
 > just another wastebasket. So you can see and recover whatever you have
 > deleted with konqueror from within xffm.

Muchas gracias para su respuesta.

PS
I use XFCE 4 from the Debian testing (Sarge) repository.

--
Eddy
          "La notion de passoire est indépendante de la notion de trou."