Xfce4 and KDE trash

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Sun Jun 5 17:31:26 CEST 2005

El dom, 05-06-2005 a las 13:07 +0200, Eddy escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to xfce and to this list.
>
> I'd like to know how to get my KDE trashcan recognized as an xfce trash
> (ie I'd like xfce to make the ~/Desktop/Corbeille directory provided by
> kde behave as a normal ..Wastebasket and collect or suppress files from it).
>
> The doc seems to imply this is possible ("La branche Poubelle est une
> base de données (DBHashtable) mémorisant les fichiers qui ont été mis à
> la corbeille. Comme c'est une base de données, les fichiers n'ont pas à
> être déplacés ou copiés pour être mis ou retirés de la poubelle. Les
> fichiers demeurent dans la corbeille à laquelle ils appartiennent. Ce
> peut être une corbeille xffm, une corbeille GNOME ou KDE ou autre.") but
> I just can't find how.

Not exactly sure what you mean. KDE trash is collected by KDE konqueror
in a single folder. Xffm will not collect files to the KDE trash folder
but will instead put trash in wastebaskets located where the trash is
generated. The main trashcan branch is a database which keeps tabs of
all these wastebaskets and allows for centralized management.

What the documentation refers to is that the KDE trash bin (which is
just a single folder can also be viewed from the main trash branch as
just another wastebasket. So you can see and recover whatever you have
deleted with konqueror from within xffm.

--
edscott wilson garcia <edscott at xfce.org>