Question about Terminal in Xfce

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 17:37:16 CEST 2005

On 7/22/05, Peter <redorbit01 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am using XFCE installed from blastwave on Solaris 8 (sparc). I cannot seem
> to get the Terminal to look like what it does in screenshots. It is a simple
> xterm window only. I don't see the menu or any fancy GUI application when i
> run it. Is Terminal not included with the packages on blastwave?

Terminal is a third party application, not included with Xfce proper
(not sure about blastwave).

What is included in Xfce is xfterm, which is simply a shell script
that checks for installed terminal emulators, and tries to guess which
one the user wants to run. The  "Terminal" menu option that appears in
the default Xfce menu, confusingly enough, runs xfterm instead of
Terminal.

You can get Terminal here:
http://www.os-cillation.com/article.php?sid=40

It depends on libexo:
http://www.os-cillation.com/article.php?sid=48

> thanks!

"This brings me back to a time where I had no worries.
All I needed to do was watch Perfect Strangers."
-Erik