Focus model

roger rstmp at iinet.com.au
Mon Jul 25 11:18:52 CEST 2005

Hi Harold,

You're right, we are wishing the same behavior.
The password case, described in your first mail, is a good demonstration of
the issue (which looks to me pretty serious indeed).

Since I didn't notice any behavioral difference with the
prevent_focus_stealing flag set, I was wandering whether my setup was OK.
I guess you have answered my question: this flag only works with a few
programs (still I'm not aware of any of them, though).

Unfortunately, it seems that this issue can't be resolved in a clean way
today. So let's hope that either applications will get more and more standard
(NET_WM_USER_TIME) or that someone (not me, I'm afraid) will take the
challenge on and provides a clean patch.

Cheers,
Roger