(lite) distro using xfce as main/defualt gui

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Thu Jul 21 16:09:43 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-22-07 at 15:23 +0200, Michel Leunen wrote:
> Myles Green wrote:
>
> > Yes, you are quite right! I had totally forgotten about that one, mostly
> > because developement of it seems to have stopped at version 0.2 (I
> > think...). Benedict can you confirm this?
>
> 6 months without new release means dead project? :-)
> I'm kidding, I definitely have no clue if the project has stopped or not.
> Oh, and, if I'm not mistaken, there is Morphix as well. IIRC, there is a
> light GUI version which uses XFCE4 as desktop environment.

Well, I didn't say it was dead, only that work "seems" to have stopped
given that version 0.1 and 0.2 came out quite quickly as Xfce 4.2.0 went
from release candidate to full release and then, as new releases
happened - 4.2.1 & 4.2.2 - Xfld sat still. Anyway, I understand you were
joking, no problem =)

I wasn't aware of Morphix having Xfce4 as an option, thanks for the
information. Perhaps we (Xfce as a whole) could add this info to the
"new" FAQ? Are there any other distros out there with Xfce as the main
WM or as an option? IIRC Lunar-Linux offers it as well as Ubuntu and
Debian... any others?

Best,
Myles
--