Just an idea...

Stephen Kuhn stephen.kuhn at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jul 17 14:05:15 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 21:43 +1000, roger wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> I think that Firefox's "Spread the Word!" (http://www.spreadfirefox.com) isn't
> a bad idea at all.
> There is no doubt that some small or medium companies are interested in having
> more links to their own web sites from very popular ones (Xfce definitely is
> one of them), which is, as everyone knows, a good criteria for a search
> engine such as Google.
>
> You may not be interested in implementing such a point-reward feature.
> However, how about having a page of Xfce-related buttons, similar to Firefox's
> one (http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates/homepage)? Some people
> running a web site could use them (if those buttons are attractive - eye
> candy), thus making Xfce a bit more famous.
>
> Roger
>
> PS	If such a page already exists, please don't flame me: I don't spent all of
> my freetime scanning the Xfce site :-)

XFce has been a popular wm since version 3.+ => and gaining moreso. Why
do you think all the major distributions are either supporting it
directly by including it or making it easy to get for?

But yeah - I do understand the ideology you're forwarding here...and it
really isn't a bad idea...as long as things are kept free (as in beer).

XFce is definitely gaining ground on it's own merits and it's own
reputation...a good product (software or otherwise) just becomes
ingrained due to it's merit.

And I'm biased. XFce just plain rocks (for the past five plus years)

--
YankDownUnder aka stephen kuhn
#mandriva channel op - irc.freenode.net