FC-4 installation -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at att.net
Sat Jul 9 22:49:40 CEST 2005

Thanks for the information Matt.  I never used  yum "group" before, a
new one for me but it seems to work as you describe.  However after
collecting more than half the rpm's it quits with error messages, tries
different mirrors, and stops.  I assume some of the servers are busy
presently and I'll  try again later.  From all indications I expect it
will work.

I will keep a copy of this message with my "Linux notes."

Guess I need to go through the yum doc's and see what other commands are
there that I haven't used.  I usually just ask it to "update" and that
may be why I had little success.  I had examined the various
repositories manually and know that there's a lot of stuff there that
yumex and synaptic are not listing for me?

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia    [not related to Zuni, NM]