$SHARE/xfwm4/defaults

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein-xfce at halvorsen.cc
Wed Jul 6 11:11:17 CEST 2005

I'm trying to set up xfce as the default desktop environment for the
student computer lab at the mathematics department at our university.
We want to change the default setup a little, but would like to avoid
copying alot of files into thew newly created users home directories, but
would rather that default centrally stored config files be used.

So I edited the $share/xfwm4/defaults file to includes lines like:

	keytheme=studmath
	theme=studmath

among other changes. However, the selected themes are not used when a user
with an empty home directory logs on the computer. Is this the expected
behaviour? I also tried a ktrace/kdump on xfwm4 and in looks like the
file $share/themes/studmath/xfce/keythemerc is stat()-ed and open()-ed.

Also; I am able to create a default panel contents.xml-file and menu.xml
file, however, how do I set the default backdrop image?

Regards,
Svein Halvor Halvorsen