xfce 4.2 'system' menu question

Linux Tard linuxtard at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 00:26:01 CET 2005

I really like 4.2 - very nice!

I have but one question - how to edit the system menu?

It appears to be dynamic.  For example, I install gimp
and it appears in the menu.  I uninstall gimp and it's
gone.

(I put menu on system panel, so I click on it, it pops
up, and there are a number of already defined
entries).

I've used the menu editor, but that only allows
minimal editing (or appears to).  In the menu editor
there is a 'system' menu entry.  I'm trying to change
this.

I don't want users to see all of the things that are
in each category.  Is there a way to manually edit
this?  What file is it?

I've heard I need UTF-8 happy editor, and so I do, but
am unsure of the file.  I'd really like to customize
this menu.

Is it controlled by mcs-manager?   Has anyone found
out how?

kind regards,
lt