weird screen border problem on 4.2

Eric Blade ekdikeo4 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 02:02:10 CET 2005

if you think that's fun, the last two pixel columns on the left side of my screen are orange under 4.2.  (I went back to RC2 or 3 or whatever it were)

Net Llama! <netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:I just upgraded from 4.0.6 to 4.2 on a RH9 box using the official RH9
RPMs. All is well except for one strange problem.

My mouse pointer does not seem to get recognized when i move it to the
extreme top or bottom of my screen. For example, i have the task bar
running in auto-hide mode, and if i move the mouse to the very bottom of
the screen the task bar never pops up. However, if i move it to just a
pixel or 3 above the bottom, then it registers and the task bar pops up as
expected. I have the same problem at the top of my screen where i have
some terminal windows parked up there all the time (with snap-to screen
edge turned on). If i try to click on the bar to bring a window forward,
or middle click to send it back it only works if i am a pixel or 3 below
the top.

This used to work perfectly in 4.0.6, and the odd thing is that it works
fine on my FC3 boxes. Its driving me crazy, because i can't just do what
i need to do, I have to think about how far i move my mouse.

Anyone else seeing this, or have any suggestions on what is wrong?

Lonni J Friedman netllama at linux-sxs.org
Linux Step-by-step & TyGeMo http://netllama.ipfox.com