Window management stuff

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Wed Jan 26 13:55:46 CET 2005

Igor Sutton Lopes wrote:

> Hi again.
>
> I was not talking about Fullscreen mode. I mean maximized windows are
> really maximized, even fixed width fonts. Open an application like
> 'emacs' then maximize it using the 'maximize' button. It will maximize
> but some not filled spaces will remain. I don't now how, but in
> metacity it works fine (althought I never saw that in any other window
> manager), and I think it is really nice.

well you have me cornered there.

xterm/aterm and most applications do not allow their window to be
resized by-the-pixel, hence you get a little space at the right-hand and
bottom side between the maximized window and the edge.

This is really an application problem. If metacity creates an extra
border inside the client area to fill in the extra space then I'd say
they are nuts (no window manager should do this). Anyway, it's an
application that controls this, not the window manager.

sofar