Macromedia Flash Player 7.0 Plugin

TP Reitzel tpreitzel at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 12:23:18 CET 2005

Richard -

"What's your distro? I had this problem while using Debian sarge. Didn't
think it had anything to do with XFCE though, and to be honest I was
glad for the excuse to uninstall the damn thing. Less adverts now!"

Yeah, I can feel your pain about all the glitzy advertising ... ;) I'm using
Slackware Current which is now in beta. As you indicate, I don't think the
distribution is really the cause because I get numerous gdk errors and other
desktops like GNOME 2, xfwm95, etc. work reliably with Macromedia's Flash
Player on Slackware Current. As you did, I've currently removed the
Macromedia plug-in. If more information is needed about the errors, I can
always reinstall the Flash Player, but I suspect others besides us must be
having similar problems.

HTH