xffm v rox and changing default programs

Ondrej Mihalyi mihalyi at matfyz.cz
Wed Jan 19 09:07:03 CET 2005

I installed from oscillation debian packages and I also found weird that "File Manager" in the desktop menu launches rox (well, not that weird, because I don't have xffm4 installed)
But than I looked into the menu configuration and it was set to launch rox directly with command "rox", I expected something like "xfce-filemanager" which would then launch rox, if it could not launch xffm.
Maybe the installation script of the package updates the menu file so that it would be set to xffm, if it was installed, but I don't believe it.
Others say, that xfld also works with rox by default, it could mean that oscillation just don't like xffm and choose rox wherever possible...

I think you could press on them to change thier mind, if you care.

By the way, the new xfce4.2 really rocks :)

Cheers,

ondro