xffm v rox and changing default programs

Alexandre Aractingi aaractingi at libertysurf.fr
Wed Jan 19 15:10:59 CET 2005

> i can't believe i missed the menu editor under settings, maybe it was too
> obvious ;), although i'm not sure that changes default settings.  i have
> xfce4.2 installed through apt-get on mepis linux.  is there a text file to
> place in my home directory that changes what programs xfce uses as defaults?

If you edit things with the menu editor the files under ~/.config/xfce4
will get updated automatically

> also, every time i log out and log back in the xfce panel is missing and i have
> to manually start it by typing it into the run box,  is there a similar startup
> file that i could add the panel to so it starts every time xfce starts?

Start the panel manually, and then exit Xfce with "save session" box
checked. Make sure you run xfce4-session, and the panel (as well as
every other apps open when you leave) will get restarted.
If you don't want to run xfce4-session, you can add a shortcut in
~/Desktop/Autostart to the panel.

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi at libertysurf.fr>