Odd taskbar plugin behavior

Boyes Marv marvboyes at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 05:19:43 CET 2005

Sorry to trouble everyone with such a trivial thing,
but it's bugging me.

(First off, just installed 4.2.0 on my Mandrake 9.2
machine today; if there's anyone responsible for the
new graphical installers watching this list: thank
you!)

Has to do with the panel's taskbar plugin, _not_
xftaskbar4. I have my panel size set to 'large', which
used to give me short, wide buttons in the taskbar
plugin, stacked two deep. After a couple of restarts,
however, the buttons in the taskbar are now large, and
in a single row. I know, it's not a terribly serious
thing-- still, I much prefer the old look, which made
far better use of the available space.

I had not changed anything in the panel's or the
plugin's configuration. Try as I might, I can't figure
out what happened, and can't get it to go away. Has
anyone else run into this problem; and if so, did you
find a fix?

Or am I just a dweeb for even bringing this to
anyone's attention? ;)

Any and all guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much in advance.

Olivier, everyone else: excellent work! 4.2.0's a joy.