icon themes

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 23 20:08:43 CET 2005

Jason Keltz wrote:

>1) Under "user interface" in the settings, and "icon theme", only "Rodent"
>shows now and not Rodent AND hicolor as it did before.
>2) none of the new icon themes show up - Would this be because there are
>no "index.theme" files in each of the
>Amaranth/Gorilla/Lush/Noia/Nuvola/Wasp/gnome directories?

Yup.  They aren't freedesktop-compliant icon themes without the
index.theme file.  That's all we're going to support.

>I figured that by adding icon
>themes, I would have more variety, but I don't think I was right there.
>Adding themes seems likely to provide different representations of the
>same icons....?

Yes.  Icon themes just change the representations of the icon categories
provided by the panel (assuming the other icon themes use filenames the
panel will recognise).  You don't actually get new categories.

    -b