icon themes

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Wed Feb 23 19:38:11 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 12:31 -0500, Jason Keltz wrote:
> Hi Jasper,
>
> Thanks for the tip (thanks also to the others for their helpful feedback).
> If I try to download the xfce-extra-icons-* package from this site and
> install into sysdir/share/icons, I see two things happen:
>
> 1) Under "user interface" in the settings, and "icon theme", only "Rodent"
> shows now and not Rodent AND hicolor as it did before.
> 2) none of the new icon themes show up - Would this be because there are
> no "index.theme" files in each of the
> Amaranth/Gorilla/Lush/Noia/Nuvola/Wasp/gnome directories?

Well, this is probably true.  If you go to art.gnome.com and download,
say, Noia:

http://art.gnome.org/themes/icon/497/

and install it, you'll see Noia appear in the list.  Select it, and some
of your panel icons will change.  Unfortunately, my system doesn't seem
to pick up the them in xffm, et al.

Right now I use Gartoon from Zeus:

http://zeus.qballcow.nl/?page_id=15

If you grab his Gartoon, install it, rename the directory Gartoon, then
go here:

http://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?t=1568

and grab systemx's great Gartoon.Xfce, you can rock your panel Gartoon-
style (all this is in the Gartoon.Xfce INSTALL file).

Matt
--
The mayfly lives only one day, and sometimes it rains. - Geo. Carlin
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/