Mousepad 0.2.0

Maximilian Schleiss maxschleiss at bluewin.ch
Mon Feb 21 10:41:02 CET 2005

Maximilian Schleiss wrote:

> Peter Humphrey wrote:
>
>> Erik Harrison wrote:
>>

>>> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:28:19 +0100, Maximilian Schleiss

>>> Seems unlikely. For good reason, the goal has been to push "Apps" out
>>> of the core, leaving only the DE. The line is fuzzy, but to most
>>> people mousepad falls on this side of the line.
>>>

>> What, even for xfce-extra?
>>

> Hi all,
> mousepad is in gentoo masked by ~86. I unmerged it and thought I had
> launched leafpad!?! The I read the about menu. :-)
> I understand that mousepad won't be integrated in Xfce but at least I
> hope there will be an option in xffm to choose the default text editor
> like there is in the preferences menu an option to choose the default
> term to use from xffm.
> Thank you, ahve a good day.

Oups, the find and the replace commands do not work and crash the
program. I tried from a Terminal console and this is the output:

 # mousepad

(mousepad:7773): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon
'gnome-fs-home'. The 'hicolor' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:
        http://freedesktop.org/Software/icon-theme/releases
Segmentation fault

The theme message comes first, I do not install gnome at all. I then
load a standard file, the alt-tab patch for xfwm4, do a find and the
program crashes with the segmentation fault message.

I am no programmer so I don't know waht that, means.