Mousepad 0.2.0

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 10:59:51 CET 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:41:02 +0100, Maximilian Schleiss
<maxschleiss at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> Maximilian Schleiss wrote:
>
> > Peter Humphrey wrote:

> >> What, even for xfce-extra?
> >>

> > Hi all,
> > mousepad is in gentoo masked by ~86. I unmerged it and thought I had
> > launched leafpad!?! The I read the about menu. :-)
> > I understand that mousepad won't be integrated in Xfce but at least I
> > hope there will be an option in xffm to choose the default text editor
> > like there is in the preferences menu an option to choose the default
> > term to use from xffm.
> > Thank you, ahve a good day.
> >
> Oups, the find and the replace commands do not work and crash the
> program. I tried from a Terminal console and this is the output:
>
>  # mousepad
>
> (mousepad:7773): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon
> 'gnome-fs-home'. The 'hicolor' theme
> was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
> You can get a copy from:
>         http://freedesktop.org/Software/icon-theme/releases
> Segmentation fault
>
> The theme message comes first, I do not install gnome at all. I then
> load a standard file, the alt-tab patch for xfwm4, do a find and the
> program crashes with the segmentation fault message.
>
> I am no programmer so I don't know waht that, means.

Are you running 0.2.0 or 0.2.1 (Check the about menu). If 0.2.1, what
version of GTK are you running? And can you get a backtrace?

You get a backtrace by doing this:

gdb mousepad
 Then at the gdb prompt:
run
 Then make mousepad crash, and at the gdb prompt:
bt

And send me the output. I'd like to track this down

CAPS LOCK: ITS LIKE THE CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME
-Erik